Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Monthly Summary: November 2016






November was thankfully I much calmer month. Not as much stress, cooler weather, and lots of Thanksgiving food and Christmas decorations! And but of course NaNoWriMo! 




What I did:


1.) I participated in NaNoWriMo and won after midnight on November 27th with my novel Starbloods! I really like how it's come out. I know it will need a lot of revisions still, but I feel the potential. This is my third year winning. So excited!





2.) Offline life included gorging on Thanksgiving food and taking a lovely walk on Thanksgiving. I also Christmas decorated with my family. I also went to a write in with some friends at my local coffee shop. I got tea of course. Paris tea latte to be exact. ;)








3.) In terms of reading, I finished Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Beyond the Gateway by Bryan Davis!




4.) I've drawn one of my villains of Starbloods named Ioto. He's a very creepy dude.





5.) On other sites, I guess posted on Ralene Burke's blog about being a writer with depression; I reviewed Doctor Strange over on Geeks Under Grace; and I wrote articles about Vision and Doctor Strange over on Geekdom House. And the big news is ... MY DOCTOR STRANGE ARTICLE MADE THE FRONT COVER OF GEEKDOM HOUSE'S MAGAZINE AREA OF EFFECT! My article is the featured piece! SQUEEEEEEEE!




The Geeky Department:

1.) I saw Doctor Strange. Oh my gosh I loved it so much. It was one of my favorite movies of the year. 



I really love the Ancient One
2.) I watched Noragami and Noragami Aragato. Loved them.


Lady Bishamon is my fav.
3.) I finally finished season 8 of Doctor Who. Yay more Gallifrey. Feeeels whyyyy?



4.) I've been replaying Skyrim a bit and it's inspired me to write a worldbuilding post about Skyrim in January, so look for that.



KHAJIIT RULE!
5.) During Black Friday shopping I got another piece of my new cosplay: a black pair of boots.


What I Learned:


1.) There isn't just one type of Christian - One thing I've had to discover is what Christianity means for me. I've had a lot of internal struggles about this. I'm still on this journey, but part of it is I'm not a Christian like other people are Christian and I'm trying to find out what my form of Christianity is.


2.) Walks are Very Important for Not Just Your Physical Health but Your Mental Health - I noticed myself feeling down when I stopped walking for a couple weeks and when I started walking again I started feeling better. Walking boosts serotonin. When you feel down, try walking!

What I'm Going to Do:


1.) I'm going to take a brief break from writing in December to recharge my batteries. I'm feeling a bit of burnout. I may look at some feedback for Red Hood, but that's all I'm doing right now. I need to rest for the holidays after going non-stop this year. 


2.) Offline life will include Christmas shopping, visiting a friend, Christmas parties, Christmas baking, and all around Christmas activities. 


3.) I'm hoping to finish The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross, Firebird by Kathy Tyers, and I want to at least start Six of Crows whenever my hold comes in. *drums fingers*




4.) I'm almost through with drawing my character Sting then I'm going to redraw my villain Judah. I still haven't gotten him right. 

5.) I have some Geekdom House articles coming up and I'm reviewing Assassin's Creed. WHOO!


Last Month on Stori Tori's Blog ...


So Your Character Has Fibromyalgia ... Featuring Sky @ Further Up and Further InMickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Other Florida October 2016 Adventures
Monthly Summary: October 2016
A Book Review of Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Beautiful Books 2016 ~ Novel Update: Starbloods
So Your is From Belgium ... Featuring Bieke @ Quite the Novel Idea
9 Non-Character-Related Obstacles to Make Your Characters' Lives Harder with Avatar: The Last Airbender
Questions for Vanmoriel (Starbloods)!

Coming Soon to Stori Tori's Blog ...


December 2 - Questions for Mordraug - I will be interviewing another villain from Starbloods and I'll need questions!

December 3 - What Being a Staff Writer for a Website Has Taught Me - I've been a staff writer for Geekdom House for over six months and this is a post about what I've learned.

December 6 - A Book Review of Beyond the Gateway by Bryan Davis - This is the sequel to Reapers and I can't wait to tell you how it was!

December 9 - Beautiful Books - I'll be telling you guys in detail how Starbloods turned out!

December 10 - So Your Character is From Germany featuring Fraise Fruitrouge - Do you have a character from Germany? Then this is the post to check out!

December 13 - A Book Review of Illuminae by Amie Kaufman - This is definitely a very unique book. My review is on this day!

December 16 - Interview with Mordraug - Mordraug's interview is up on this day!

December 17 - Writing Lessons from Stranger Things - I loved Stranger Things so much! I had to write a post all about it.

December 20 - Hiatus Notice - I'm going to be on hiatus till January 20th with the exception of the year end post.


December 31 - End of the Year Post - My last post of the year recounting the past happenings of December and this year!

Elsewhere ...


1.) What Jessica Jones Can Teach Us About Abusive Relationships by Adriana Gabrielle @ Crazy Little Thing Called Life
2.) A Case Study on Friendship as a Literary Theme by Sara Letourneau @ diyMFA
3.) Using Archetypes to Learn More About You and Your Characters by Sara Letourneau @ Her Blog
4.) Writing Advice Examined: On Traditional and Self-Publishing by Stephanie Morrill @ Go Teen Writers
5.) 7 Thoughts For Writers Struggling With Depression by Rebekah Gyger @ Go Teen Writers


I'm happy nothing disastrous happened in November for once. XD Here's to a great December! Merry Christmas!


How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts? Have you seen Doctor Strange or Noragami? How was your Thanksgiving?

You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment