Friday, July 3, 2015

Questions for Emil!




Tom Welling is the closest person I can
find who looks like Emil and only in this
pic because he looks tan. XD

This month's interview is with Emil. He is one of my secondary characters from my sci-fi series Subsapien. Though I've done an interview with him before, it's been ... like ... years ... and I haven't done one where you all ask him the questions yet! The interview goes up in two weeks. Here is a little about him:

Emil is a half-Hispanic, 6' 10", sixteen year old gorilla grafting. Like my other graftings he was raised in a laboratory his entire life called the L.G.R. in the post-apocalyptic United Americas nicknamed the Dome Web. His gorilla DNA gives him super strength, hearing, and invulnerability and unlike my other graftings he appears the most human. 


Years ago, the scientists who have kept Emil used special drugs to manipulate him into doing their villainous bidding, including executing other graftings. This continued for years until finally near liver failure forced the scientists cease using the drugs on him, but the damage had been done. Most graftings now hate him for his sins under the influence. 


Some of the few graftings who don't think he's an unredeemable traitor are Ingrid, Bryce, and Ashlyn. Ingrid with her kind spirit has always shown him mercy even when he was being drugged. Bryce became best friends with Emil before he changed and they rekindled their bro-bond after Emil got off the drugs despite Bryce's brother Matt's disapproval. Then there is Ashlyn, the seven year old, who helped Emil recover during withdrawal. Since the grens put her with Emil to see if he'd still take orders to kill and Emil outright refused, he took it upon himself to protect her. Emil desires to find his missing best friend and free Ashlyn from the L.G.R.--before she can become a monster like he did.



My drawing of Emil. 
Leave your questions in the comments and he'll answer them Friday the 17th! Thank you!


If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)



4 comments:

  1. Awwww, poor Emil. Here's my question for you: If you could do anything to earn the trust of your fellow graftings again, what would you be willing to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the question! ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeels T~T I don't want to ask painful questions, so...

    Emil, you and Ashlyn have known each other for a little while now, right? What are your favorite things to do together?

    Also, I know you'll get out one day. So, once you have, what do you want to do? Like, what do you want to see of the world beyond the labs?

    That's all I've got for right now. ^ ^'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the questions! They're great. ^ ^

    ReplyDelete