It's time for this month's Beautiful People! Yay! This is a link-up hosted by Paperfury and Further Up and Further In where you answer questions about your characters. I participated in Beautiful People #1, #2, #3 and the villain special last year. And I've done Beautiful People Author Edition, Beautiful People Valentine Edition, Beautiful People #7, Beautiful People Sibling Edition, Beautiful People #9 and Beautiful People: Parental Edition. This link-up has been just so helpful with character development.
Brian is a secondary character from my science fiction series Subsapien. I haven't done any sort of interview with him in years and he's felt a bit neglected so I'm doing his first Beautiful People with him today! If you'd like to participate in this link-up yourself, check out either Paperfury or Further Up and Further In to see how. Here we go!
|He looks almost exactly like Asa Butterfield,|
but with spiky gray hair.
1. What’s their favourite ice cream flavour?
Vanilla. He's picky.
2. Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where are they going? What are they wearing? Who will they be with?
He would probably go to listen to a theological seminar with Caleb (the only person he believes truly understands him who is also six years older than him).
3. Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Do they wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Are they in socks that are ratty and full of holes? What do they consider comfortable and what do they consider agony?
Before he left the L.G.R.: he had grubby feet with no shoes and he has claws on his toes. After he leaves the L.G.R.: His feet are clean and in white socks and blue and red loafers. He prefers dress shoes, because he's nine, but wants to act like an adult businessman.
4. Do they have any birthmark or scars? Where are they and how did they get them?
Oh yeah lots and lots of scars. Since he was raised in a laboratory most of his life, he got many scars from all the experiments he's undergone especially from needles, surgeries, and claw marks from his fellow lab rats.
5. What kind of music do they listen to? Does it change depending on their mood or is it always consistent? (Feel free to share samples!)
He prefers classic. He believes it feeds his developing brain.
|This is exactly what he looks like.|
6. Do they have any musical talent? Play an instrument? How’s their singing voice?
Brian would die before he sang in front of anyone. He hasn't taken up an instrument, but if he did it would be violin.
7. What kind of book would you catch them reading?
All. Kinds. Especially adult books. Big physics books, science books, dictionaries, encyclopedias, classic novels, adult novels (some he shouldn't be reading, but he feels they make him feel like more of an adult) ...
8. How would they spend their summers (or their holidays)?
Before he got out of the L.G.R.: Nothing different than the usual tests and such. After he got out of the L.G.R.: Studying even more than he usually does.
9. It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. Ex. If they’re eating breakfast, what’s on the menu? Are they hiking, shopping, lazing around?
He's probably studying or working on an invention or hanging out with Caleb.
10. Is there anything your character wants to be free of?
His memories of the L.G.R. Because he was so smart, the scientists performed a lot of experiments on his brain. He will often wake up screaming from the nightmares and Ingrid will have to comfort him for a half hour before he can go back to sleep. (That ended on a depressing note ... )
And that's a bit about Brian! If you'd like to know a bit more about him, check out his character interview and Voice Week! If you'd like to know more about his book, check out the My Books tab! Thanks for reading!
Did you participate in the Beautiful People? Are you planning to? If so let me see your posts in the comments!
If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)