Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tea Tuesday: Blackberry & Elderflower





I'm not really a coffee person. I prefer tea, and I know a lot of fellow writers love tea, too. But have you ever wanted to break out of the Early Grey or English Breakfast norm and try something new? Well, let me help you find some cool new teas! If you need a little hot and flavorful boost to help you reach your writing goal or you're just a lover of tea or you'd like to try some tea but aren't fond of the stereotypical types, these Tea Tuesday posts are for you.

This weeks tea is ... 

*drum roll*

Blackberry & Elderflower





How I found it: This is yet another tea from downtown. I've been there a lot lately, okay? It's a fun place! Anyway, I found this British corner shop there and they were selling individual tea bags for cheap so I decided to purchase one to review for you lovely people. 

The Tea: This caffeine-free tea has the tartness of blackberries with the sweet, floral ending of elderflower. I'm a big fan of both of those flavors hence why I snapped up this tea. It's even the color of blackberries when brewed! 

My qualm is that this tea is very sensitive. It can get too tart very easily so take care not to overbrew. I only had the one tea bag and I overbrewed this time and I had to heap in the sugar to get the tartness to a good level for me. The shop owner mentioned that she preferred it iced. I may try that next time. I'll let you guys know. 

Serving Recommendations: I steeped this tea for three minutes and added a lot of sugar to get it pleasantly sweet. I'll probably steep this tea for less time next time. 

How much is it and where can you get it? I bought this tea for .35 at the Corner Shop in downtown Marietta, GA. This is a British imported tea, but according to the Taylors of Harrogate website, you can buy the tea in a number of places including Whole Foods and the Fresh Market in the US. 

So how good is it? I feel like this tea would be better if I changed the way I made it next time, but as it stands only about a 3.5. It's certainly unique, but the tartness is a bit of a put off to me.



Have you tried this tea? What did you think of it? Have you had any British corner shop teas?

If you liked this post, come back every Saturday for more writing advice, character interviews, book reviews and more! On Sundays I have Soundtrack Sundays where I post a new score piece, Tuesdays are Tea Tuesdays with tea reviews, Wednesdays I have Wonderful Word Wednesdays where I post a new vocabulary word, and Fridays are Fan Fridays where I post tags and other goodies. To help support my dream to be an author follow this blog, like me on Facebook, watch me on deviantART, and follow me on Pinterest and Twitter. If you want to know more about my books check out them out here. Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment