Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Interview with Maeja and Fannar (Silver Hood)!





Me:
Hey! Thanks, everyone, for the great questions! *turns in Tonight Show desk to face Maeja and Fannar who are sitting next to each other on a couch*

Maeja: 
Hello! *^ ^*

Fannar:
*being cranky and arms crossed*

Maeja:
*nudges him with her elbow* Fannar ...

Fannar:
*mumbles* Hello.

Me:
Are you two ready to get started?

Maeja:

Yes!



Fannar:
*shrugs*


Me: 

First question is for Fannar from Christine! Do you know Maeja very well? What do you think of her?

Fannar:

She's my sister and she's annoying.

Maeja:

*scoffs, purses her lips*

Me:

Candid as ever. Maeja, who are you closest to?

Maeja:

My sister Aska.

Me:

What does an average day look like for you?

Maeja:

*folds her hands in her lap, clears throat, sits up straight* Well the first thing I do is wake up in the morning and do some stretches. It's very important for health you know. Lord Nzelt recommends them.

Fannar:
*rolls eyes*


Maeja: 

And then I get dressed, usually in one of my favorite dresses. Lord Nzelt brings me new ones from his travels and then I style my hair, sometimes I get a servant for help, usually from one of the styles I see in a magazine. Then I go to breakfast where I have boiled eggs and salmon with dill and sometimes skyr but only if it has berries in it which is usually in the spring.

Fannar:

*huffs, sinks lower in his seat*

Maeja:

And I usually have some tea with arctic thyme. I love the flavor of arctic thyme. It's very good for your heart. I usually take it with honey usually wildflower honey.

Fannar:

UGHHHH! *slides to the floor*

Me:

Ummm Fannar?

Fannar:

She's gonna go on for hours if you don't make her stop!

Me:

You should let her finish.

Fannar:

I'm gonna leave if you don't make her shut up.

Maeja:

Fannar! What's wrong with you today?

Me:

Perhaps for the sake of compromise and the sake of time, you stop there, Maeja. We got to know your morning routine.

Maeja:

Only half of it.

Me:

I'll give you another question. How's that?

Maeja:

Very well ... Fannar, get off the floor. You'll get your clothes dirty.

Fannar:

*slides back onto the couch*

Me:

This one is from Melissa, do you ever daydream about your parents?

Maeja:

Yes sometimes. I hope to see them again after the war. I wish I could write to them, but it could be dangerous.

Me:

And Fannar, Emily asks, do you feel at home where you are right now? Do you consider Nzelt and the other halfuras your family? 

Fannar:

I guess.

Me: 

Maeja, how long have you been drawing? What are your favorite things to draw?

Maeja:

I've loved drawing since I was little. I used to draw on wood or brown paper since we couldn't afford paper, but since I've lived with Lord Nzelt he's bought me all of the paper I could ever need. I love drawing flowers. They're so pretty. My favorite is Arctic Poppy.

Me:

*smiles* What's your favorite picture you've ever drawn? 

Maeja:

I drew this one piece of an arctic poppy on a lava field. I love how it turned out. I should have brought it ...

Me: 

It's all right. Fannar.

Fannar: 

*looks at me, started shifting one of the buttons on the couch to a point* What?

Me: 

What is it like to have matter-manipulating abilities? What all do you do with this ability?

Fannar:

It's fun. I can learn to turn stuff sharp and stab human soldiers. Pew! *punches fist forward and button zips off the couch and hits the wall like a dart*

Maeja:

*yelps*

Me:

Oh ... that's ... great ...  Do you ever use your powers to mess with people/for fun? What's your favorite/the best thing you've ever done with your powers?

Fannar:

*grins* Oh yeah! I've made Maeja slip on ice and crumbled her favorite comb when she took my knife. 

Maeja: 

I needed it to sharpen my pencil, you little brute. I was going to put it back.

Fannar:

One time I turned a whole bunch of snow into a bear and made it chase Maeja.

Maeja:

You're insufferable.

Fannar:

*giggles*

Me:

Maeja, what was your favorite place you've moved to? 

Maeja:

Our house by a fjord! I loved the water and the flowers so much!

Me:

If you could leave Nzelt and your adopted siblings to settle in one place, would you? 

Maeja:

Yes, definitely.

Fannar:

Can I have a question now?

Me: 

Just a moment, Fannar. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

Maeja:

Somewhere south. I wonder what it's like somewhere warmer.

Me:

Okay here we go Fannar. Is there anything or anyone who can always bring you joy, even with all the things you've gone through?

Fannar:

Brings me joy?

Me:

Makes you happy.

Fannar:

Oh. Messing with Maeja. 

Maeja:

*purses lips to one side*

Me: 

What's one thing you liked about living on the streets?

Fannar:

No one can tell me what to do.

Me:

What's the closest to being caught you've ever been?

Fannar:

On the streets?

Me:

Yes.

Fannar:

Stole some lamb. Butcher got real mad. 

Me:

What's something that haunts your dreams?

Fannar:

Why would I tell you that?

Me:

All right the rest are for both of you. What are your feelings on Lord Nzelt?

Fannar:

He's fine.

Maeja:
He's so kind and generous. I've never wanted for anything.


Me:

What do you fear most?

Fannar:

Not telling.

Maeja:

Beetles. *shudders*

Fannar:

I put 'em in her pillow--and her tea. *grins*

Maeja:

You should get punished far more than writing lines for that.

Fannar:

*sticks tongue out at her*

Me:

And lastly, what do you hope to accomplish in life? If you could have one dream realized, what would it be?

Maeja:

I'd love to help end the war somehow. I just want there to be peace, so we can be free to roam about.

Fannar:

I want all the humans to die.

Maeja:
Fannar!

Me:

*O_O* Even me?

Fannar:

Except you.

Me:

Even the nice ladies who asked you these questions? 

Fannar:
Except them. But nobody else.

Me:
*sighs* All right then. That's a relief. Thanks, you two, for coming.

Maeja:
A pleasure. I apologize for Fannar's behavior because he won't.

Fannar:
*shoots her a glare*


What do you think of Maeja and Fannar? Do you have any further questions for them? Have you ever done a character interview? Share a link in the comments!

You may also like:


No comments:

Post a Comment