Friday, June 28, 2019

Monthly Wanderings: June 2019





June had its ups and downs, but it had a lot of great highlights!


What I did:


1.) I've finished filling out worldbuilding and character building sheets and timelines and now I've begun plotting for Silver Hood! I'm really excited about this draft because I feel like I've finally found the story and all of my characters are cooperating (for now).


2.) I've started going to a gym and I'm really happy with how I'm feeling. I feel like I'm slowly but surely trimming down a bit. I've struggled with body image since my teenage years and I know I've gained some weight especially in the past three years, but I haven't had the motivation to do anything about it between depression and my hour-long work commute. But now that I'm working closer to home, I've joined a gym right across the street from my work and I've been going three days a week and after a month I can already feel a difference in my face, chest, and thighs. I'm hoping by September I can get my body into better shape for Namine for Project Kingdom Hearts.


I attended my half-sister's wedding, which well wasn't great for personal reasons, but seeing some of my other family members and the north Georgia countryside was really nice.






I also went down to one of my good friends' house and we binge-watched season three of Attack on Titan to get her caught up. I caught even more things in the second watch!


This is my friend's sister who marathoned with us.



3.) I finished reading the Shadow Queen and I loved it! I also finished Daybreak and ... I didn't love it. 



4.) I've been working on my new logos for my website! I'm trying to keep those a surprise. ;)

5.) I finally got up my review of Tolkien on GUG


The Geeky Department:


1.) I played the Last Guardian which was a really interesting
 and artistic story. I enjoyed it. :)



2.) I've been watching Attack on Titan season three part two and having my mind blown.



3.) I've also been keeping up with the Handmaid's Tale and it's been refreshingly less content-heavy this season.



4.) I've also started playing Kingdom Hearts III! I love going into the Pixar worlds!



5.) I've caught/evolved/and traded for some new Pokemon!







What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I'm going to finish replotting Silver Hood and then start the rewrite as I join Camp NaNo!


2.) I'm going to St. Augustine for the Fourth of July to visit my aunt and uncle which I'm super excited about. I'm also going to Realm Makers! Squee! It's just a few weeks away!




3.) I'm currently reading Game of Lives by James Dashner and The Black Prism by Brent Weeks!



4.) I'm going to continue working on my logos. I'm hoping to have this new website up in August!

5.) I pitched something to Think Christian. We'll see when it gets up!


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

Questions for Maeja and Fannar (Silver Hood)!
Writing Lessons from Movies: A Bug's Life
Interview with Maeja and Fannar (Silver Hood)!
How Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Does Fan Fiction Right
A Book Review of Daybreak by Viktor Arnar Ingolfsson
How I Write and Got Into Writing Articles AND Get Paid for It
Language of Worlds May-June 2019 Edition!
Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


July 2: Questions for Moira (Red Hood)! - An interview with Mor's mom--in the Red Hood timeline cause spoilers in Silver Hood! XD

July 5: Writing Lessons from Movies: Ralph Wrecks the Internet - I've finally saw this movie and found a lot of great writing points about it!

July 9: Interview with Moira (Red Hood)! - This is when Moira answers her questions!

July 12: The Bestiary Tag - I'm creating a new tag focused on mythical creatures!



July 16: A Book Review of The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine - My full thoughts on Redwine's Snow White retelling!

July 19: How to Create Iconic Props - There are so many different memorable props, but what makes them memorable and how do you create your own for your characters?

July 23 - A Book Review of Game of Lives by James Dashner - I'm finally finishing this trilogy!

July 26: Realm Makers 2019 Report - My full happenings for this year's conference!


July 30: Monthly Summary - Like this but for July. ;)


Overall, June was an okay month, but I'm looking forward to July! :D


How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment