Saturday, June 2, 2018

Monthly Summary: May 2018





May was an eventful month! I met Victoria Aveyard author of the Red Queen series, I attended MegaCon, and got a second job!


What I did:


1.)  
I worked on my Silver Hood outline, I went over some beta feedback, and I’ve been working on my proposal for Red Hood. I’ve had to rewrite the synopsis because of the plot changes. 

2.) 
I got to meet Victoria Aveyard author of the Red Queen series who is on tour for War Storm! She was really nice and I got my books signed!


I went to MegaCon! Squee! I got to meet Cary Elwes (Wesley in Princess Bride), Maile Flanagan voice of Naruto, Jewel Staite (Kaylee from Firefly), and Elijah Wood (Frodo from the Lord of the Rings)! I also some awesome cosplay and purchase some great artwork. See my full report!



I also got a second job with Instacart. I need some more dough for saving up for Iceland. So far I like the job. ^ ^

3.) I finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix!


4.) 
I did one drawing this month. It’s of Chalmers from Silver Hood!


5.) My piece about the short film "Being Pretty" went up on Geekdom House!

The Geeky Department:


1.) 
I finally watched the Iron Giant and I really enjoyed it. It has a lot of really deep themes. 


2.) I got to cosplay as Ymir, Lady Bishamon, and a Mirkwood Elf!




What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I’m going over beta feedback, finishing the Red Hood proposal, and optimally I will have Red Hood ready to send by the end of June.


2.) I’m going to South Carolina to attend my cousin’s wedding. I’m so excited for him and to see my family. The rest of the month will mostly be work haha.


3.) I’m going to finish Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince and Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin. And if all goes well start Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.



4.) I’m hoping to do a drawing me and my patronus. I just recently found out that it’s a bat and I think that would make a fun drawing. 

5.) I’ll have a piece about the Secret World of Arietty go up on Geekdom House


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

So Your Character is From Grenada ... Featuring Maxine @ The Rogue Storyteller
A Book Review of Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Writing Lessons from Movies: A Quiet Place
So Your Character is From Haiti ... Featuring Dawlyn @ Little Blind Book Finds
A Book Review of White by Ted Dekker
So Your Character is From Hawaii ... Featuring Taylor Bennett
So Your Character is From Brazil ... Featuring Naty @ Naty's Bookshelf & Thai @ Read Breathe and Repeat
A Book Review of Green by Ted Dekker
10 Realities of Being an Artist
So Your Character is From Costa Rica ... Featuring Hannah Costello @ Que What Now?
Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


June 5 - So Your Character is From Denmark ... Featuring Michelle Ofelia @ #ofeliasbookshelf - Michelle Ofelia will be stopping by the blog to tell us all about being Danish!




June 8 - Questions for Cohen (Silhouette)! - Since Beautiful People has ended for the time being I'm attempting to arrive character interviews on the blog!

June 9 - Writing Lessons from Anime: Noragami - I've rewatched the show as research for cosplaying as Lady Bishamon and it reminded me of all the great writing points it has!
June 12 - So Your Character is From Luxembourg ... Featuring Stephanie @ Phannie the Ginger Bookworm - Stephanie will be joining us to talk about all things Luxembourgian!

June 15 - A Book Review of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - My thoughts on this book!

June 16 - 5 Ways Classic PC Adventure Games Trained Me to Be a Writer - I've been replaying some of these games for the 100th time and it got me thinking about all the skills they've taught me! Can't wait to share with you guys!



June 19 - So Your Character is From Spain ... - Anna and Paula will be joining us to talk about all things Spanish!

June 22 - A Book Review of Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card - My thoughts on this classic! 

June 23 - Writing Post - I'm not quite sure what I'm doing for this post but I'll figure it out. XD

June 26 - So Your Character is From Switzerland ... - Elena is coming to share with us about what it's like to live in Switzerland!

June 29 - Interview with Cohen (Silhouette)! - Your questions for Cohen will be answered!

June 30 - Monthly Summary: June 2018 - Like this but for June. 




May was a fun month! Checked lots of things off my bucket list!



How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment