Saturday, June 30, 2018

Monthly Summary: June 2018






I hate the summer heat so I'm hanging in there this month. XD Pokemon GO is the only thing motivating me to go outside and spend more than a minute that it takes to get me from building to building. But I've had some fun highlights, most of them while remaining in air conditioning. ;)



What I did:


1.) I finished Red Hood and its proposal and sent it off to the publisher and agent. I'm so incredibly nervous about it because I really feel like it's truly ready to be published, but I'm so afraid that it's going to be rejected anyway ...


2.) I went to South Carolina to attend my cousin's wedding. He was a part of my little special group of cousins. We played together every time we visited and have so many memories together. It was crazy to see him as the first person of our special group of five to get married. I loved being able to see my family since we didn't have a wedding last year. Some people I hadn't seen for years and years.









Working two out of home jobs is paying off (literally) and I'm officially a quarter of the way saved for Iceland! I'm a little ahead of my savings goal so I'm really excited. Iceland 2019 here I come!

I'll be visiting this fjord in April!
3.) I finished Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince and Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin. Reviews up soon!


4.) Unfortunately, I just haven't had time to really do much art this month, though I am working on a clay birthday present for a friend, but I can't show any pics in case she reads this. XD

5.) My MegaCon Con Report went up on Geeks Under Grace and I wrote a piece about The Secret World of Arrietty on Geekdom House!


The Geeky Department:


1.) Ghost in the Shell - I finally got around to watching Ghost in the Shell. This is an anime classic. I can't completely recommend it because it has a lot of content, but it is James Cameron's favorite movie and partial inspired Avatar, so it's good to have in my repertoire.



2.) Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - I loved this game when I was a kid but then I couldn't get it to work on my computer anymore. Now Microsoft has finally re-released this classic game for Windows 10, so I've had many fun hours annihilating other civilizations with my chariot archers and hoplites. 


3.) Pokemon GO - Yes, I still play this game. No, I'm not ashamed, because I have caught 328 out of 376 available pokemon and I just got my Mew. YEAHHHHH!


4.) Handmaid's Tale - Season 2 is finally out and I've been bingeing. I was hoping I caught it with all the eps out but there's two more so I have to wait to see what happens. I wasn't crazy about the former half of the season because it was really steeped in politics but the latter half I've enjoyed.


5.) My Hero Academia - I'm finally watching this anime and I'm enjoying it so far. I relate to the too seriousness of Iida very much. XD



What I'm Going to Do:


1.) I'm going to work on rewriting Silver Hood and I also have some ideas for rewriting Subsapien as well, but the most I'll do on that book is outlining.


2.) I'm mostly working next month. I'll probably do something for 4th of July and I'm visiting a friend two hours away for a day to go to Lane Packing's Peach Factory.


3.) I'm hoping to finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Never to Live by Just B. Jordan and start Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas and King's War by Williamson.



4.) I want to get some drawing in next month. Hopefully. *crosses fingers *

5.) I have a piece about Firefly going up on Geekdom House. ^ ^



Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

So Your Character is From Denmark ... Featuring Michelle Ofelia @ #ofeliasbooksheQuestions for Cohen (Silhouette)!
Writing Lessons from Anime: Noragami
So Your Character is From Luxembourg ... Featuring Stephanie @ Phannie the Ginger Bookworm
A Book Review of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
5 Ways Classic PC Adventure Games Trained Me to Be a Writer
So Your Character is From Spain ... Featuring Ana @ The Misstery & Paula @ Flaw Decay
A Book Review of Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
My Top 5 Favorite Series Endings and Why They're So Satisfying

Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...

July 3: So Your Character is From Egypt ... Featuring Nada @ Early Bookish Birds - I'm so happy to have Nada on the blog to tell us more about Egypt! 

July 6 - A Book Review of The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas - I'll be sharing my thoughts about the first novella collection I've ever read!

July 7: Writing Lessons from Movies: Avatar - I recently rewatched this movie and re-realized how amazing it is so I'm writing a whole post about it!


July 10: So Your Character is From Mozambique ... Featuring Dicxita @ Dii Blogs - Dicxita will be joining us to talk about everything Mozambique!

July 13: A Book Review of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling - This is my favorite Harry Potter book and I can't wait to share my thoughts with you guys!

July 14: Harry Potter and Pacing: Why I Believe the Movies Did a Better Job - Don't throw pitchforks at me until you read the post! ^ ^=


July 17: So Your Character is From Israel ... Featuring Zoey @ Magiverse - Zoey is coming on the blog to talk about her beautiful country!

July 20: A Book Review of Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince - So close to the end of the Harry Potter series. This post will be my thoughts on this book!

July 21: Get to Know Me Tag {Writer's Edition} - Christine @ Musings of an Elf tagged me for this and I'm excited to share my answers!

July 24: So Your Character is From Bahrain ... Featuring Marwa @ Adoreabook - Admittedly I know little about Bahrain, so I'm happy to have Marwa on the blog to tell us more!



July 27: The Music Tag - Emmy @ Little Black Sheep tagged me for this and I can't pass up a chance to talk about music. ;)

July 28: Monthly Summary: July 2018 - Like this but for July.


July 31: So Your Character Has Bipolar Syndrome ... Featuring Claire @ Brizzle Lass Books - There's a lot of stereotypes surrounding bipolar so I'm happy Claire can share some of her experiences for us on the blog!


Overall, June was a pretty good month despite the heat. Can't wait for fall already though. XD



How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment