Saturday, September 8, 2018

Monthly Summary: August 2018





A lot went on in August this month! It started out stressful then died down to relaxing which was nice and it was great to see so many of my loved ones this month. 


What I did:


1.) I didn't reach my goal of 20K for this month but I'm at 14K. Progress is progress!


2.) 
First of all, I purchased my ticket to Iceland! Whoo hoo! Prices dropped down spontaneously and from my research, it was the best deal, so it’s official! I’m going! Next, I’m tackling registration but I’m looking at scholarships and competitions to get the price down, but regardless I’m staying on track with my savings.

One of my cousins is getting married so she had her bridal shower in town and it was nice to see lots of my family members and enjoy tea and cake with them! I also enjoyed drawing with my four-year-old cousin who insisted on me drawing many various things including the beach and pizza.





That following week I went to Canada! It’s my first time going when there isn’t snow on the ground so it was a nice change of scenery and the weather was so nice. Oh my gosh. I went to a Fringe Festival, walked on a Glacier, played lots of Pandemic, among many other things. I gave my full report yesterday!





3.) I finished Queen of Shadows and I loved it. Definitely my favorite of the Throne of Glass series so far!


4.) I finished my drawing of my Patronus and me!


5.) I wrote an article about All Might from My Hero Academia for Geekdom House!

The Geeky Department:

1.) I finally saw Incredibles 2 and though it wasn't as good as the original in my opinion, I enjoyed it well enough.



2.) I also saw Christopher Robin and I was sorely disappointed by that one. It could have been so much more, but Disney really missed the mark on it.


3.) I'm in the middle of Attack on Titan season 3 and oh my gosh, my mind is so blown!!!



4.) I've started watching Netflix's A Series of Unfortunate Events. I haven't read the books (though I want to), but I can tell this story works much better in this format as opposed to the movie. I also love the show's quirkiness and dry sense of humor.


5.) I've caught five new Pokemon this month! Lickitung, Bagon, Ludicolo, Kingdra, and Lunatone!






What I'm Going to Do:

1.) I'm hoping to for real this month get to 20K and hopefully 30K in Silver Hood!


2.) I'm going to Anime Weekend Atlanta solo this year, but I'm so pumped because some voice actors I've been trying to see for years and years are coming including the voices of Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender and Amu from Shugo Chara my first anime!


3.) I'm going to finish King's War and hopefully start Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas, The House with the Clock in the Walls by John Bellairs, and Mortal Engines by Phillip Reeve.


4.) I have no idea what I want to draw this month, but I want to draw something. XD

5.) I have a piece about The Handmaid's Tale coming up on Geekdom House!


Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...

My First #WIPJoy Recap!
Writing Lessons from Movies: The Lion KingSo Your Character is From Bosnia & Herzegovina ... Featuring Azra @ SimpleSerenity
The First Language of Worlds Linkup!
10 Superhero Tropes and How My Hero Academia Blows Them Out of the Water
So Your Character is From Albania ... Featuring Xhorxhina @ Inner Exploration
A Book Review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Some of My Favorite Things: A Blog Hop
So Your Character is From Latvia ... Featuring Anna @ Anna's Little Thing
A Book Review of Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin
Why Comic Relief Characters Often Don't Make Good Main Characters
So Your Characters are Twins ... Featuring Annike & Zoe @ Twintales
A Book Review of Never to Live by Just B. Jordan
Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...

September 11 -  So Your Character is From Colombia ... Featuring Kathleen @ One of Each Shelf - I'm happy to have Kathleen on the blog to talk about her country!

September 14: My Second Time Doing The Language of Worlds Linkup (Fashionably Late) - I'm late with this one again. One day I'll do it on time lol!

September 15 - Tori’s Life Juggling Tips: How I Juggle Two Jobs, Writing, Editing, Social Media Managing, and Actually Having a Social Life - A lot of people on the blog have asked me how I do all I do and in this post, I'm revealing all of my secrets.


September 18: So Your Character Has Chronic Pain ... Featuring Maddie @ Stories and Spoons - Maddie has generously come on the blog to talk about this part of her life.

September 21: Questions for Einer! - I'm getting ready for NaNoWriMo and from what it looks like I'm going to write the third and last book of the Red Hood trilogy for it! Einer has a big part in this book and I need an interview to develop him!

September 22 - New Vs. Old Dystopian Regimes - After watching season 2 of the Handmaid's Tale it really got me thinking about this subject so I'm talking about it in this post!


September 25: So Your Character Has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ... Featuring Maddie @ Stories and Spoons - Maddie is coming to the blog again to talk about living with this syndrome.

September 28: Interview with Einer (Silver Hood)! - This is when I'll answer your questions for him!

September 29 - My Rant About Loki - Why I’m Morally Against What He’s Become in the Fandom - I've had a problem with this for years and I've been afraid to state my feelings, but this has been a safe place so I'm finally coming out with it. 


Overall, a lot of amazing things happened this month and I'm so excited for fall weather!



How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts? What Pokemon have you caught lately? What are some of your summer travels?


No comments:

Post a Comment